Monday 24 December 2007

Trichy

Sitting in the bus station waiting for (more like wondering if there was) a bus to Trichy, I looked up and saw the beautiful face and smile of an Australian lady I'd met before. (See attached photo). Great, always nice to have company. Then we were joined by another Ozzie guy and we chatted together for the next seven hours or so until we arrived at trichy late as usual. None of us had accom booked but we got rooms on our second try. Mal and I shared a room which always keeps the costs down and it's nice to have someone to chat to.
Well for a few days I had a really good time. We went sightseeing, chatted, had a few drinks.
Very laid back. We went to one temple which didn't let non Hindus through a door into the central area. So we turned right and kept strolling and eventually came out of the door we weren't allowed in!
I know I keep going on about good food here but it was exceptional in Trichy. We got ripped off twice but it wasn't by much and we still had quite a lot to eat. It was a bit of a wrench when Belinda left at lunchtime and Mal a few hours later. I'd thoroughly enjoyed myself with those two.
Never mind we'll all bump into each other in the near future I'm sure.
But then the journey from and to hell took place.....