Thursday 17 January 2008

Mangalore

I only came here because it's a transport hub. I'm sick of big Indian cities. Boy was it hot! 39 degrees which, in old money, is 110. It was too hot to do anything so I went and had a huge lunch and a couple of beers and went back and watched telly in my room. This hotel had hot water too. I could get used to such luxury! So I washed everything I could think of and nearly gagged when I saw the colour of the water running off me! That night I went looking for a place given a good write up in the RG. Buggered if I could find it. I found an agent for the KSRTC (Karnataka buses) and got myself booked on the bus the next day to Gokarna which is as far north you can go without wandering into Goa. A lazy day really I sat in my room all evening watching films and girded my loins for the beaches to come.